Tenant Eligibility Criteria
Thank you for your consideration to rent from EPIC Properties Colorado (EPC). We are delighted to help you find a property to call home! Whether it is a detached house with a spacious yard, a low-maintenance townhome, or a condo for luxury city living, we strive to make your experience very pleasant. Please note that we are not a placement agency and can only rent our listed/contracted homes.
Below are the Renter Eligibility Criteria when screening tenants for our properties. All applications will be considered. We strongly encourage applicants to view our properties in person to get a better idea of the home as written descriptions, any photos or videos are not the best representation of a property. If you have any questions, please contact us today! email@example.com
- All residents over age 18 must submit separate applications (regardless of income status) and sign the lease to be authorized tenancy in the rental.
- Limit 2 persons per bedroom. (Example: 4 people max for a 2 bedroom home.)
- Guests are welcome up to seven (7) days in the rental home. Anything longer will require written permission from the landlord.
- New occupants or roommates must be approved by EPIC Properties Colorado in writing prior to occupancy.
- In Denver, no more than 3 unrelated adults are permitted to occupy a residence.
- Applicants must provide combined income of at least 3 times the monthly rent for the unit. (For those with exceptionally good credit, we will lower that requirement to 2.5 times the rent.)
- We need the most recent pay stub for each applicant, no older than 30 days, or a copy of the last 3 months of bank statements.
- For Denver city & county only, subsidized housing voucher (Sec. 8) will be considered income, so long as all other requirements, as stipulated herein, are met.
- Verified student status will be regarded as employment, so long as all other requirements, as stipulated herein, are met.
- For a U.S. social security number, applicant must have good credit. Credit report must reflect 80% or more of on-time payments. Unpaid collection accounts may disqualify. In instances of low credit or collections, Co-Signers will not be accepted. Sometimes, an additional deposit may be needed which will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- Any evictions filed against any applicant within 5 years, or any broken leases, and/or monies owed to previous landlords will disqualify your application.
- Criminal convictions will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Criminal records must not contain any convictions for felonies for crimes within the past 7 years involving violence against persons, damage or destruction of property, manufacture or distribution of controlled substances and no sexual offenses.
- Sexual offenses will disqualify your application.
- We will automatically disqualify your application for any open bankruptcy, regardless of the type. SORRY, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- $40.00 is the fee we charge per applicant, which pays for the background investigation cost and our time for analyzing/processing the data. This ranges from an hour to several days depending upon the complexity of the applicant. Application fees should be submitted with a credit card at the time of application or we will not process your application(s).
- Application screening may detail rental history, employment history, credit, eviction search, and criminal background check. Please allow us up to 3 days for full analysis.
- Rental References cannot be family members, but must be verifiable landlords, property managers, or agents.
- Once approved, there is a one-time, non refundable administrative fee between $100-200 payable at Lease start date which pays for establishing tenant portal, coordination with utility companies, writing the lease and other administrative activities in preparation for renting.
- The Application Fee is half-price for active-duty military members and honorably-discharged military veterans and their spouses. Please provide proof of service by attaching a photocopy of current military ID(s) or Form DD-214. Thank you for your service! We honor the Federal Service Members Civil Relief Act.
ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF PAYMENT
- For safety reasons, we insist that Security Deposits and Monthly Rent Payments be made electronically by ACH through the Tenant Portal on our website. If move-in is desired quicker than seven (7) days from the time of application, Security Deposit will only be accepted by cashier’s check or money order. Unfortunately, personal bank checks or cash will not be accepted.
- First rental payment will be pro-rated if move in occurs after the 1st day of the month but prior to the 20th of the month. Move-ins on or after the 20th of the month will include pro-rated rent and the following full month’s rent.
- Pets will be considered for properties where pets are permitted. Not every property allows pets, or will only allow certain pets.
- Pet Deposit is usually $250.00 per pet, and monthly Pet Rent of $25/pet but this may vary depending on the Landlord. Deposits are fully refundable if no damage has occurred during residency.
- Only dogs over the age of 2 years will be permitted, and no more than 50 lbs.
- Unfortunately, our insurance will not allow the following breeds, even in our pet-friendly homes:
Akitas, Alaskan Malamutes, Chows, Doberman Pinschers, German Shepherds, Pit Bulls, Presa Canarios, Rottweilers, Staffordshire Bull Terriers or any Wolf Hybrid.
- Fish tanks of 20 gallons or smaller will be permitted. Nothing larger for damage purposes.
- EPC accepts assistance and service animals according to state and federal guidelines, and proof will need to be provided from your medical professional.
SIGNING THE LEASE
- After we have notified applicant(s) of approval, EPC will email the lease agreement and open an individual Tenant Portal for each person to pay the security deposit, rent, and other fees. Applicant(s) will have 24-hours to pay the security deposit AND sign the lease in order to reserve the unit for move-in. If applicants fail to complete this task within the 24-hour time period, Landlord reserves the right to continue marketing the property after this period expires and accept applications from other interested parties.
- If you pay a security deposit but neglect to sign the lease agreement within the 24-hour window, you will NOT have leased the property and thereby forfeit all claims.